It’s easy for PADI qualified (or other agency divers) to dive with BSAC. If you have a recognised qualification you do not need to do any further cross-over training. (Unless you want to!) It doesn’t matter who you trained with (recreational, commercial or military) if you’ve never dived in the UK or if you haven’t dived for a while, everyone is welcome so please come and join us.
All you have to do to get started is attend:
2 theory lessons
1 checkout dive
Once you have completed the above, you can dive with us according to your equivalent BSAC grade (and progress to further training if you wish)!
Cross Over (XO) Timetable 2017
|Thur 28.09.17||5.30pm–8.30pm||64 Oakfield Avenue||XO Theory and Lock Up Orientation|
|Sun 01.10.17||7.00am – 6.00pm||Arrochar||XO Dive|
|Sun 08.10.17||7.00am – 6.00pm||Local Site – tbc||XO Dive and Fun Dive|
|Sat 14.10.17||7.00am – 6.00pm||Local Site – tbc||XO Dive and Fun Dive|
There is a choice of dates available, please contact the Training Officer with your preferred date and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please note, due to the high demand you may not always be granted your first choice.
|£185||Membership: BSAC, GUSAC, Uni Gym|
|£60 approx||Open Water Training Session: (Includes) Transport, GUSAC Kit Hire, Dry suit hire (Aquatron/Splash Sports)|
|Further Training with BSAC and GUSAC
Learning Materials: BSAC Diver Training Pack includes: The Diving Manual, Ocean Diver notes and A5 binder, Qualification Record, Diver Grade Certification, Qualification Card Form
|Personal Equipment Purchase
Purchase of Mask (+ snorkel), Hood, Gloves and Fins
- YOU MUST be a member of the University of Glasgow Sports and Recreation (Gym).
- YOU MUST make every effort to attend every training session. If you cannot attend a training session an attempt may be made to organise another session. However, this is not guaranteed.
- YOU MUST be able to swim 200m.
- YOU MUST provide documentary evidence of your previous Diving Qualification
- Open Water sessions are subject to change due to weather conditions.
- Any and all course paperwork should be brought to every session.
- If your medical information changes you are required to inform the Diving Officer immediately.