If you’ve always wanted to learn how to dive, this course is for you. This course is for beginners and provides the essential knowledge and skills needed to prepare for open water diving. The BSAC Ocean Diver course prepares for this in the safety of a swimming pool or sheltered water and an introduction to open water in a controlled, safe manner. Experience and confidence will be gained under the guidance of a qualified instructor. Maximum depth 20m.
Training Timetable 2017
|Tues 3.10.17||6.00 pm–9:30pm||64 Oakfield Avenue||OD Theory 1-4|
|Thurs 5.10.17||6.00 pm–9:30pm||64 Oakfield Avenue||OD Theory 5-7|
|Tues 10.10.17||6.00 pm-9:30pm||Pool||OD S 1&2|
|Tues 17.10.17||6.00 pm-9:30pm||Pool||OD S 3&4|
|Tues 24.10.17||6.00pm- 9:30pm||Pool||OD S 5|
|Thurs 26.10.17||6.00 pm–9:30pm||64 Oakfield Avenue||OD Theory Test|
|Sat 28.10.17||All day||tbc||Open Water Dive 1|
|Fri 3.11.17||5pm departure (TBC)||Oban||Training Weekend|
|Sat 4.11.17||All day||Oban||Training Weekend|
|Sun 5.11.17||All day||Oban||Training Weekend|
Come along to our Sign Up Night on Monday 25th September, 7.30pm Dram! Woodlands Road for more information and become a GUSAC member.
GUSAC Student Info
- YOU MUST be a member of the University of Glasgow Sports and Recreation (Gym).
- YOU MUST make every effort to attend every pool and theory training session. If you cannot attend a training session an attempt may be made to organise another session. However, this is not guaranteed.
- YOU MUST be able to swim 200m.
- Open Water sessions are subject to change due to weather conditions.
- Any and all course paperwork should be brought to every session.
- To complete the Ocean Diver course you must complete a multiple choice Theory Test before your final Open Water lesson and complete all sessions to a satisfactory standard.
- If your medical information changes you are required to inform the Diving Officer immediately.